Got 5 Minutes?
Monday, 17 September 2012
From the October 2012 issue of Runner’s World
Spending long stretches of time at your desk is bad for your health, even if you’re active after work
Occupational therapist Julia Henderson-Kalb says it’s important to get up and move around during the day. Here are some tips to get you moving:
• Sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair.
• Set an hourly alarm to remind yourself to stretch.
• Walk around when you talk on your mobile phone.
• Take the stairs.
• Use a restroom on a different floor.
• Park far away from your workplace entrance.
• Take your lunch to work and use the extra time to go for a walk.
• Develop an in-office exercise routine with exercise bands or light weights.
Like this article? Subscribe to Runner’s World and save up to A$35 on the retail price (delivered directly to your door) and receive a FREE pair of Brooks socks PLUS if you subscribe for two years you will also receive a FREE Runner’s World watch.
If you missed picking this issue up at newsstands you can purchase your Runner's World back issue here today!