This series of killer moves doesn’t require any equipment.
Building up workouts using bodyweight exercises can be tough. You might get bored repeating the same steps again and again, and it might be hard to think past your usual postrun sit-ups, lunges, and push-ups. Now that most of your workouts are going to take place in your living room is prime time to try something new.
These eight exercises from former NFL star DeMarcus Ware and trainer Jeanette Jenkins will get your moving and light you up. Whether you parse them out through your weekly routine or perform them all together for an intense bodyweight circuit, you’ll find something new that works for you.
Watch how to do each move in their recent Instagram video, and check out the text-based pointers as well.
View this post on Instagram
No gym? No Problem! Tag a friend & strengthen your #Immunity with me & @msjeanettejenkins and let’s keep moving! Don’t let the #CoronaVirus stop your daily workouts! 😤 Try one of our favorite 7Exercise Bodyweight Workouts & give a boost to your mind, body & spirit! 🙏🏾 There’s an abundance of research showing the benefits of exercise on your #ImmuneSystem, it helps bring fresh oxygen to all of your cells, it helps release #Endorphins & regulate hormones, it helps #alkalinize the body & so much more😎 You can do it #AtHome #Outdoors #InDoors #Anywhere with no equipment, just your #Bodyweight so no excuses! Try each move for 10-15reps and repeat from the top for 2-3sets! Let’s get it🔥💯💪🏾 . 1. Push-Up to Pike Ankle Tap 2. Lateral Triple Knee 3. Reverse Lunge to Front Kick 4. Squat Jacks 5. Squat Jacks with 180 6. 3 Mountain Climbers + 2 Plank Jacks 7. Ab Tuck to Ab Toe Touch BONUS: Tuck Jumps (6-10reps) Modification to Tuck Jumps is Alternating Knee UPS 10-20reps Do the Work! . . #WorkoutMotivation #BodyweightWorkout #AnytimeFitness #ImmunityBoost #TravelWorkout #HIITWorkout #CardioWorkout #TotalBodyWorkout #MoveYourBodyEveryday #covid #covid_19
- Pushup to Pike Ankle Tap: If you’re having trouble maintaining a straight spine, try breaking this up into two separate exercises and bending your knees.
- Lateral Triple Knee: Get your heart rate up by focusing on high knees and full arm pumps with each step. Think fast feet.
- Reverse Lunge to Front Kick: Maintain an engaged core with your back in neutral at all times. Don’t let your lower back dip as you step behind you. This will help you maintain better lower body stability and control.
- Squat Jack: Be intentional with the movement, focusing on total-body tension.
- Squat Jack with 180-Degree Turn: Initiate each turn with your hips, not your chest or head.
- Mountain Climber + Plank Jack: To benefit from this exercise, it’s important that you own the plank position throughout. Focus on form, rather than speed, and consider regressing the exercise by dividing it into two separate moves.
- Ab Tuck to Ab Toe Touch: You can add this exercise to your routine once hollow holds no longer feel challenging enough. Maintain a hollow core position with each phase of the exercise.
- Tuck Jump: You’ll build some power here, but the main focus here is moving quickly. If high-impact jumps are uncomfortable on your joints, try performing alternating knee-ups.
From: Men’s Health US